Unlike a traditional insurer, a group captive is not in business to maximize profits. Its purpose is to manage the risks of its member companies, while keeping costs down.
Group captive can be used for workers compensation, commercial auto exposures.
The benefits of a group captive include :
- You stand on your own merits
- You control your insurance costs
- Full deductibility of premiums
- Earn investment income on your premium dollars
- A clear view of all claims with input
- Sharing of best practices with fellow members
- Hands on risk management/loss control services included
Read this article from the Wall Street Journal:
"Captive Insurance Seen as Covid-Era Remedy to Rising Premiums"
Contact Ashton Benefits and learn more about becoming a member of an insurance company than being a client of one.